We recently tested out our ideas for an exciting new Independents’ Day event with some of our loyal members at our last social at Genesis Cinema. Our first crowdfunding campaign will rally our communities together to create the critical mass we need to launch our exciting celebration on Small Business Saturday, the 3rd of December 2016.
Similar to Record Store Day the aim is to champion the kaleidoscopic diversity of all the small independent businesses that give the East End its distinctive identity. Our members employ local people, pay their taxes, and are rooted in the social fabric of our neighbourhoods. Many of them take on social and community responsibilities to support local residents.
We’re working with Herb Lester and James Brown to produce a map so that the discerning customer knows exactly where to spend their money where it counts the most. We will curate walking tours and events on Independents’ Day for the general public to learn more about the amazing stories behind these brave entrepreneurs and the local knowledge, heritage, craftsmanship, expertise, and creativity they posses.
If you are passionate about the East End and then we would love to hear from you!
What do volunteers need to do?
We’re looking for dedicated and energetic volunteers to help insure that our campaign is being heard. We need you to be available for a minimum of 1 day per week from 6th June to the 8th July, to help to keep the momentum going for the full 33 days of our campaign. We also need you to be available the weeks commencing 23rd and 30th May for two preparatory meetings so that you’re ready to hit the ground running on launch day.
You will need;
- The confidence and drive to speak to businesses, members of the public and the press about our campaign
- Familiarity with social media – Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
- A smart phone and access to a laptop
- A willingness to undertake a variety of tasks including database management and administration
You will get;
- To meet loads of incredible people and businesses!
- Experience of how to run a crowdfunding campaign
- Weekly team meetings for peer support, coaching and fun
- As a thank you for your hard work we will gift you exclusive perks from our members
Where do I sign up?
Send an email to email@example.com with your CV and a short explanation of why you would like to come on board.
Or for more information and informal chat call – 07910 966738